Sunday 21 June 2009

Yes I know I've been MIA

Sorry, life has just been busy and then the kids and I were away for 10 days visiting my family and friends in Brisbane.

I've done a bit of scrapping but I'll do another post with pics of my creations.

While in Brisy I went to the Scrapbook Expo, had a lovely few hours wandering around with my Mum, hunted out some bargains, got some ideas and inspiration, and generally sussed out what's hot or new these days.

I was good, didnt spend too much although I've now blown the budget with a big box of goodies I've just ordered from Michelle at Scrapbook Divas during her "EOFYS" (end of financial year SALE). I just couldn't resist the bargains. Make sure you check it out because stock is selling fast. There's up to 60% off so it's a HUGE sale.

There's also lots of challenges and swaps happening in the forum ATM, there is no excuse for "scrappers block" here, I promise. Now I just need to find time to scrap.

Anyway, back to our time in Brisbane. My parents loved spending time with the kids, watching them play, and playing with them. We had quite a few trips to the park, a day out down the coast where we played on the beach, had a paddle, had fish & chips for lunch then went fishing with Grandad - and both kids caught a few little fish each. Mum and I took the kids to Alma Park Zoo for the day which we all really enjoyed - we patted a koala, baby croc and snake (I passed on the snake though, just couldn't do it). And my best friend, Tanya, and I had time together over a long lunch at a cafe where they have a special kids indoor/outdoor play area, fully supervised. With willing babysitters on hand (aka my parents LOL) I had a girls night out with Tanya, and we also went to Carl Barron - boy that man is a crack up, so funny.

Poor Marty missed us all like crazy though and the weather was miserable back home for much of the time so he wasn't flat out working, he had time to sit at home and mope. The kids and I had a wonderful time away of course, but it's always nice to come home.

1 comment:

BruganCampbell said...

Sounds like a fantastic time away, pity I wasn't still living down there and we could've met.

Look forward to seeing what you create with all the goodies from Michelle's sale.

Have a great lovely lady!