Saturday 1 January 2011

One Little Word

This is a very popular thing in the scrapping world since Ali Edwards started it some years back. I've played along on the various scrapping sites I've been involved in but this year, this evening in fact, have decided to sign up for her class at Big Picture Classes. Thanks to my friend Moira for her Facebook post mentioning this, I think it was what I really needed.

So, that one little word ... doesn't sound like a big deal really does it. But it's got to be the right word, one that means something on many levels and is going to "stick" for the whole year.

I've been thinking and thinking of this WORD, struggling to come up with something suitable and appropriate ... and have just read a heap of old blog posts, looked at some projects I've done over the last year and thought about the things that are making me feel a bit down ATM ... so I think my word will be ...
FAMILY
At the heart of everything I do is family - my husband, my children and then all the others that make up my family unit. Our farm business is a "family farm" and so everything we strive for in business all comes back to family. Everything I strive for on a daily basis as a wife, mother, homemaker (read: domestic goddess some days, slave and maid on others) is all about family.
My crafting and scrapping is all about family.
I want 2011 to be a positive, engaging, uplifting, enjoyable, fun and loving year of being together, 
of being a family.
If I can keep everything in perspective, take it all just one day at a time, I'm sure I can embrace 2011.
Wish me luck ...

8 comments:

Moira said...

Go the word!

Susanne Perry said...

Have fun with the classes for 2011 Helen.....family is such a strong, positive word.

SkrapPrincess said...

Happy new year to you and the family Helen, hope you have a lovely 2011.

Amanda said...

Great word, important! See you around!
Amanda (moira's scrappy friend)

Kate said...

fantastic word helen :) i love it.
i cant think of a word. :S xox

Linda Eggleton said...

Such a great choice of word, Helen.
Hope 2011 is a good one for you & your family....and your farm :)

Melleny Ams said...

Hello there gorgeous lady. Happy new year to you and your lovely little family. I love your word, just perfect. Love all the other updates too :)

Kim said...

SImply PERFECT word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!