Thursday 25 March 2010

Creating & Crafting update

It appears I've been a busy beaver when I look at all these pics yet there's a heap more projects I haven't got done that I would like to squeeze in.

But anyway, here's what I've been up to.

A LO sort of "just cos" which is so great to do. I wanted to use these pics of DS's 2nd birthday so I cropped them, dug out some cardstock and realised they seemed to "pop" on the plain colour, dark background. I threw on some old brads, bling, stars and a variety of alphas and this is what I came up with.


This is another "just cos" LO - I've had this frame with the butterfly for ages and recently found (but cannot for the life of me remember where) a LO using that SAME frame. So I did a very loose scraplift of it.
I hand cut the felt bracket and the rest of the products are October Afternoon goodies which I just love.

This page is for the March challenge at the Kraft It Up blog.


Earlier in the mont 3AS had their Cyber Crop. I got a few challenges done, including this one for the colour challenge ... (which I won YAY). It was a really interesting colour combo but I liked it and somehow managed to make it work. I also put the LO together in a bit of a rush I'll admit but am very pleased with the page.


Another page from the 3AS CC ... a "non people" LO ... our nephew Clancy absolutely LURVES animals and is always setting up scenes involving animals. These pics were taken at Nanny & Pa's just after Christmas ... he'd set up a whole farm yard scene, complete with water and feed troughs, farm vehicles and HAY for the animals which was the fallen pine needles from the Christmas tree. He's about to turn 3 this weekend so for a kid to come up with such an amazing concept and be able to put it together at that age, we think is amazing.

The following LO "Favourite Son" is another 3AS CC challenge ... we had to chose a Green Day song title for our LO. A unique but great concept.
I threw some old SR yummies together for this one.


And finally, the card challenge was about using your scraps. And I won the challenge with this effort. Simple but effective (if I may say so).
Moving along ... to Scrapz. They are running yet another wonderful comp ... "Scrapz Chickadees" ... focusing on all things Easter.
They've had the most wonderful array of Easter crafting and creating and scrapping. So here's what I've been able to do so far ...
A LO about Easter Traditions ...

Egg shaped cards ... these will be for DD's teachers.



This cute (but slightly odd looking) chick ... he's paper pieced and you can arrange his tail and wings almost any way you like. I think he needs longer legs to get the proportions right ... that's my problem I think but hey, he's my first attempt.

And my demented bunny envelope. Again he's my first attempt ok??? LOL.


These place cards are origami rabbits ... start with a square and fold. It was really easy actually.


And the lovely Mel started us off with her ever-faithful, gorgeous little baskets.


4 comments:

Melleny Ams said...

Wow, wow, wow Miss H, you have really stepped up a gear with your creating. All these things are just wonderful.

Angela said...

SENSATIONAL Helen!! what and awesome effort! I especially love your sons 2nd bday LO. you made the right choice, the blue is so eye catching and tells the story perfectly! x

Moira said...

Oh dear lordie, you are sensationally productive! Loving them all. And word on the progress of CJs? Might send another mass email ;-)

Susanne Perry said...

You have been very busy Helen, lots of fantastic creations.

Hope you have a fantastic Easter