Saturday 7 August 2010

Stuck! Sketches and more RES Mega Kit LO's to share

The first 2 pics, is a LO based on the Stuck! Sketches August 1st Sketch which you can find here. I even made it a double but yes, it is very simple. I used the floral pp from the Red Earth Scrapping August 2010 Mega Kit and I made the flowers by punching 3 scalloped circles and snipping in between each "petal", and also snipping down the middle of each "petal". Then I just flicked the snipped edges gently to get a ruffled look and the middle layer is the plain contrasting colour on the back of the pp. A Prima centre finishes them off. Easy!

The next 2 pics is a LO again using the Mega Kit and the GCD Studios pp's - they are just lovely to work with and some have a shimmer too. The pp's and alphas are from the kit and the rest is from my stash - the pearls are just strips which I cut and curled around as I stuck them on. Incidently, Caitlin took this pic of Marty and I a few weeks ago using my big Digi SLR, not bad for a 5 (nearly 6) year old 'eh.

The next little pic is a quick and easy card I made using a scrap of the floral pp from my double LO. I made the flower by punching 2 retro flowers, spritzing with water, scrunching and unravelling then layering them just off-centre to each other and again, a Prima centre finished it off.

The final pics are a very different sort of style LO using LOTS of distressing - it's for Mistra's Mystery Challenge for August over at RES - she challenged us to use a "water distressing technique" - and I had a heap of fun spraying and scrunching and generally getting right into the whole distressing thing LOL. I even got the Maya Mists out and went nuts (sorry it doesn't show up so well in the photo). I kept the whole distressed feel using raw chipboard alphas and bracket and added some textural elements with frayed fabric, a cute little crocheted flower (available at RES by the way), buttons, a Jenni Bowlin pin (also available at RES) and tiny little 7Gypsies key (and yep, it's in the RES shop too of course). Oh and that jute & cream ric rac is at RES too - it's actually in the August 2010 Mini Kit, but is also available by the metre if you like it. It's something a bit different and I like the texture and earthy, natural feel of it.

So, thanks for visiting and I hope you like my little bit of creative sharing :o)

PS. See you at RED EARTH SCRAPPING!!!

1 comment:

Susanne Perry said...

Love all your L/Os Helen, great job with water distressing too, that is such a cool technique